Time does fly. I remember the days dad drove me to school and picked me up hours later for years; until I took the school bus when he was so busy with the business. Then, I started to drive on my own around 4 years ago. I remember mom got up every morning so early just to cook me food before school, and now my younger siblings take over my place. I remember the 5th anniversary with my high school friends which we just celebrated about a month ago. And now, I’m turning 23 in just few days.It’s almost a quarter of life… Damn! That’s fast!
Without further ado, let’s dig in the main points of the article. Shall we?
1. Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what! If you don’t listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won’t tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff.Catherine M. Wallace
2. Getting an ‘A’ from high school exit exam is no longer necessary than surviving the university. Moving forward, getting 4.0 GPA is far less important than building a greater network among friends and seniors.
3. You can never satisfy everyone. There’s always somebody who hate you for being you, and you don’t have to satisfy anyone.
4. Travel more! You can earn back your money, but your time won’t.
5. The odd one out is not at all bad.
6. It hurts because you care too much. Give less shit! It’s all gonna be better. My best tip to have a happy life is to Give Less Shit!
7. Trust is earned, not handed over. Once you broke it, it’ll never be the same ever!
8. Saving and investing are two different things you should consider doing with your money now!
9. Everything happens for a reason. You are you today is all because of what had happened.
10. If you live everyday expecting there will be justice or being treated by the way you treat others, you born on a wrong planet.
11. The same bloodline doesn’t always guarantee loyalty. Some still stab you because of jealousy.
12. When you are busy hating people, you forget your own value.
13. Getting too wild can go out of hands, and you’re gonna regret about it. However, there’s a good news!
14. Everything can be fixed. No matter what! Don’t panic! It may need some time.
15. Learning new languages helps you see the world in many new different points of view.
16. One day you’ll be the best thing ever that happen to someone.
17. You are the one who’s in control of your life; the others in theirs. Thus, don’t be headache how the others live their lives, just live yours.
18. When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back at you.
19. Always expect the unexpected.
20. Learning to live alone makes you stronger.
21. You won’t gain without some loss.
22. Learn to say “No!” So that you won’t hurt or harm yourself, neither someone else.
22 years flew away just like that… I’m turning 23 today! I’m not so proud of me as me today, but I will make myself proud of me one day! I hope you’ll do too!